Friday, January 25, 2008

Seasons of change...

With the new year came some change for our family...change is good, but change is hard. When you enter into a new season, led by the Lord...peace follows as you walk foward. The precious peace that passes all understanding is directly and so lovingly given by the Lord...our family experiences this peace.

My husband has obeyed God and resigned from his position as Youth Pastor. With this decision, which I whole heartedly agree with, comes a whole shift for our family. I am so blessed to be married to my best friend, who I see walk with the Lord in his decisions. I honor and respect him in this bold stand he took. I love him and thank God for all He has taught us both during this time.

I thank you readers, for those of you who know of the new journey we now enter, for your prayers and your support. We are enjoying what the Lord is teaching us and all He is doing in our lives because of this choice.

We love you all and continue to request prayer for the time that now follows, the adjustment period.

We rest in God's GOODNESS and thank Him for His WORD to us, which gives life and encouragement to our souls.

"And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."
Hebrews 11:6

7 comments:

Perri said...

Liz, your family will be in my prayers as you continue to seek God's plan for your life.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I am praying for you Liz. May God grant you peace and wisdom with your future. And may you find joy in this time of clinging to Him.

Micah & Katrina said...

Katrina & I respect you guys for taking a stand and a step of faith. We are praying for you! =)

Ivey's Mom said...

I will pray for good in your changes and for the adjustment not to take too long.

Joshua said...

I don't know the whole story, but I am praying for you guys during this time of change. Keep us updated!

Kate said...

Hi Liz!!
Thank you for sharing your heart on here...as the Spirit brings y'all to my mind I will be lifting you up in prayer. From ones who have stepped out in faith and not "seen" down the road...keep walking ONE step at a time! Our faithful Savior will always lead us and be all that we need at ALL times!

We love you guys,
Kari for us 4

Liz Ferguson said...

Your family is in my prayers! Change can be hard but, there is so much reward in obeying what God has asked us to do...even if no one else understands. Bill and I have learned that. God is so faithful!

I am excited to hear more about the journey you are on and how God is leading you!

Much love,
Elizabeth