Thursday, June 21, 2007

Growing and seeking....

It has been a while and I have to admit that my time away is mainly due to a opportunity the Lord has given my way...there has been much added to my "plate" and in the midst of that, God is revealing more and more of my NEED for His Word daily in my life. I always knew that, but lately I yearn for my time with Him...His words to me have been refreshment to my soul and the fuel that keeps me going.

A dear friend wrote me and shared with me some observations in regards to what I write here on my blog. Her comments have made me stop and think, pray and ponder...and even become scared to write. So, with these two areas of growth God has brought my way, I write to say that I am alive and well and seeking God's leading on when to write more.

Summer time is busy, life in general is busy, just know that I have yet to move forward in truly writing all that God has taught me lately. I need to pray more about what I write, though this blog is a journal of sorts, a way for me to unwind and relax, resting in the grace of God as I write about HIM and the work HE has and continues to do in my life.

I thank you for coming here if you have and for allowing me to start a writing process of what God is teaching me.

On a lighter note :) Here is a picture for you to enjoy or my sweet children on Father's Day

4 comments:

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Oh Liz,
In my "comeback" post, I listed you as a blog I have faithfully read over this last year. I am so blessed by your words, your faith, your adoration of your husband, and your clear gifting as a mommy. Thank you for being who you are!
Blessings,
Joy

Perri said...

What a great suprise to find a post from you today when I clicked over -- as I do EVERY day, waiting to read what you say. You say so much that so many people need to hear, I hope you aren't contemplating quitting.

Great pictures of the kids! Owen is growing so fast. They are all beautiful.

Liz Ferguson said...

I can relate to God revealing how much I need His Word. I have really made that a priority and have been enjoying my times with Him. I know God is really stretching me right now.

I always enjoy reading your thoughts and come away feeling encouraged. You have been through some valleys that I have not and your family is a true testimony of God's love. Your love for God and your family is a breath of fresh air. If God leads you to share what is on your heart I know it will be an encouragement.

God bless!
In Christ,
Elizabeth Ferguson

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,
Your kids are all so cute!The Girls were so silly today!
Sarah Herzig