I had yet another peek into the precious, tender heart of Ellie.
With the wonderful, glorious EASTER celebration here, the girls and I had a pizza movie night watching a Story Keepers video about Easter. The cartoon movie pictured Jesus dying on the cross and coming back to life.
During the time of Jesus carrying His cross and being mocked, Gabby said, " I would not have laughed at Him, I would have said, that's my Jesus!" Ellie responded with, "He had to Gabby...Jesus had to be dead, so that we could be freed."
Simply said, truth given, amazing belief.
I smiled and further questioned Ellie in her understanding of how much love Jesus showed us by taking OUR place for our sin. I was encouraged and delighted that she is coming along in her understanding. I prayed for her precious soul right then.
Lord, thank you for your GIFT of your Son, who has given us FREEDOM from sin because of His death. As we CELEBRATE your victory over death these next days, let us REJOICE in how POWERFUL you are!
NOTE: I have began doing some more posts here at Blessed Mommy, as time allows, to journal about life with my precious little ones. Thank you for all who read and please know that my heart's desire is to look back at this blog and read of all GOD is doing in and through my life. So for those who "stop by" thanks and please leave a comment if you can. Let us encourage one another as mommys to our GIFTS from above!
"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today..."
Hebrews 3:13a
THANK YOU Lord for this little nugget of time you have given me this morning....Mommy duties call! :)
GOD BLESS!!!
5 comments:
Liz
I can't wait for the day when Isaiah gives me little pieces of advice. I know it will make me stop to rethink my focus. I already know that GOd is going to use him for great things. Just the miracle of God letting us "borrow" him for this life. After being sick for 10 days, we had him annointed and he was healed that day. God is amazing!
We love you guys and loved spending time with your little ones on your quick trip to PA. I could keep each one of them!
Love
Erica for the fam
That is so precious! I am always so encouraged when my children give me little insights into their minds. It is so refreshing when they say something and you're like, "Yes, this is what we have been trying to teach them."
Last night at supper Ryan asked a question about Easter. Bill asked Ryan if he knew why we celebrate. He said he didn't know. Anna kept wiggling in her chair anxious to tell him the reason. Bill said, "why don't you go ahead and share." Anna said, "We celebrate because Jesus died on the cross for us and the third day He rose...Jesus is alive!" Ryan repeated, "Jesus is alive."
My prayer like yours is that my children will understand at a young age and place their faith in Christ's finished work on the cross.
Thanks for sharing, as always you are an encouragement to me. :)
YEA!! Isn't so sweet to see how Jesus is touching a young life. I get really excited to see Colton recognize Jesus from among his Little People toys. You are doing such a great job.
That is precious. I'm often amazed at my kids' understanding of spiritual things - their faith is always such an encouragement.
It is so nice to meet you here - I took a look at all your blogs and what a pleasure to know another mom is raising a beautiful family for Christ. Blessings!
If only adults could accept God's unselfish love for us as easily as children do.
You are doing an amazing job raising these girls. I'm looking forward to watching them grow up.
Post a Comment